Cast Your Vote For Retirement Security
CPF Endorsements for CalPERS Board Positions
The election that could most affect your retirement security is the mail-in election for CalPERS Board of Directors.
Two “at large” seats are up for a vote — every CalPERS member will be able to vote. When CalPERS seats are up, firefighters need to vote like your pension depends on it.
After reviewing the choices, CPF has endorsed candidates in each seat that it believes will be the best candidates to listen to our members’ concerns and stand up for your hard-earned retirement.
At Large – Position A
A strong voice for a secure retirement
- Over 30 years fighting to protect pensions and health care
- Co-founder (with CPF) of Californians for Retirement Security
- Committed to earning maximum returns to ensure plan solvency
- Strong background defending employee rights and benefits
Jose Luis Pacheco
At Large – Position B
Strong investment returns, and new leadership for CalPERS board
- Second-generation union member & longtime pension champion
- Understands fiduciary role as Vice Chair of Board for Santa Clara Co. FCU
- Committed to protecting employees and ensuring maximum investment returns
- Widely-endorsed by labor as a fighter for pensions
All CalPERS members active as of July 1st are eligible to vote. A paper ballot was mailed to your home at the end of August. Your ballot must be returned by September 27th to be counted.
For information on the election, click here.